Skip to content
- The Coalition for Quality AHPs is a partnership between the Association of Washington Business (AWB), Associated Industries (AI) and the Seattle Chamber of Commerce.
- Together, as member-driven organizations, our AHPs represent 11,800 employers from across the state employing nearly 1.5 million people. Collectively, our organizations have nearly 250 years of history representing employer members on both global and industry specific issues important to them.
- More than 60 years ago, our small employer members asked us to help them gain access to high-quality, affordable health care. Our state legislature recognized the importance of Association Health Plans and as a result, in 1995, passed a law protecting AHPs in Washington State.
- Our organizations sponsor AHPs that help our small employer members gain access to comprehensive, affordable health care.
Together Association Health Plans:
- Provide health care coverage to nearly 500,000 Washingtonians.
- Provide comprehensive health benefits that meet or exceed all benefit requirements in the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Provide benefits and support that small employers would not be able to obtain on their own.
- Have hundreds of years of history of representing employers, advocating on their behalf through a member-driven public policy agenda and providing education, member programs, events, training and other issue based services.
- Help our small employer members attract talent by providing employee benefits that compare with those offered by larger competitors.